Time & Location
17 May 2020, 6:00 am
Hyde Park, Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
About the Event
Join us once again for the iconic SMH half marathon and relay! Here's all the information you need to have a successful race!
- A few months before: Don't forget to train ;-) you can join our 14 week training program starting February 10th, or go it alone. We recommend running 2-3x per week slowly building up to at least a slow 20km or 2 hour run. Start practicing using your in race nutrition (e.g. gels, blocks etc) at least 8 weeks out.
- The week before: Have a light training week, do lots of stretches and pick your bib up early
- The night before: Eat a meal of mixed carbs, protein and fat and avoid bubbly drinks and alcohol. Pin your bib to your (North Shore Running) singlet/t-shirt, and lay out everything you need for the race
ON RACE DAY:
- 6:00 Meet at the North Shore Running tent - you can leave jumpers, a change of clothes etc with us
- 6:15am sharp Warm up with us
- 6:30am head to the start line and get your spot, have a chat to others and relax before the gun hoes off
- 6:45am run your little heart out! Don't forget to look aroundand take in the scenery too!
- Immediatly After: collect your medal,and come down to the tent for your cool down stretch, a light refreshment, a massage and glory!
- Saturday 23rd May: we're going to extend the celabrations and celebrate with The UTA trail runners. Please wear your medal and join us at The Alcott Lane Cove at 3pm!
Can't wait to see you there!!