Sun, 21 July|
Sydney Performance Lab
Building a Resilient Runner
Learn everything you need to know about performance and injury prevention!
Time & Location
21 July 2019, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Sydney Performance Lab, 29 Birdwood Ave, Lane Cove NSW 2066, Australia
About the Event
Proudly presented in conjunction with Sydney Performance Lab & Willoughby Chiropractic!
WHAT IS A RESILIENT RUNNER??
- Resilience is the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness.
- A resilient runner is able to overcome unexpected stressors that occur during training and racing
- A resilient runner is adaptable to change, both acute (weather, programming, fatigue, or injury), and long term (such as chronic injury, pre- and post-partum, work, family or study commitments, age related change)
- A resilient runner can 'bounce back' from adversity, tie up their runners, and continue moving forward, even if the context has to change
- A resilient runner has confidence and control in different situations
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Identify the difference between fatigue, niggles and injury - when should you push through, and when should you seek help??
- Prevention and rehabilitation of common running injuries.
- Strength & technique training principals for injury prevention
- How to train smarter to enhance your performance, and reduce injury and burnout
- Basic Psychological characteristics that make up a resilient runner
- How a trainer and allied health practitioner can work together to get faster results.
WHO IS PRESENTING?
Claire Tompsett has been training runners for over 6 years working on both aerobic conditioning, and strength training for performance, injury prevention and injury rehabilitation. Her continued study through her PhD in Sport & Exercise Science has allowed her access to all the latest research and shapes the evidence based practice she delivers to clients everyday.
Claire will be talking about how to build a resilient runner through strength training & basic psychological principals for
Andrew Smith is an endurance running machine! With 10x road marathons, 50+ half marathons, 2x Ultra Trail Australia 100km finishers, and 4x Ironmans under his belt, Andy knows all the ins and outs of endurance running.
Andy will be talking about how to build a resilient runner by training smart!
Stephen Sharp (Chiropractor and Runner) Steve is currently in clinical practice in Willoughby and Dee Why, whilst also teaching Chiropractic students at Macquarie University. He enjoys helping people get an accurate diagnosis, thorough understanding and management plan of their injuries. Steve is a keen runner and has competed in many events including the Canberra marathon, Oxfam 100 and UTA50km. Steve has a passion for helping runners with their running related injuries to help them reach their running goals.
Steve will be discussing the difference between an injury and niggle, as well as some common causes of knee pain, hamstring soreness and achilles pain in runners.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
FREE - numbers are limited though, so RSVP ASAP to secure your spot!
PLUS you'll get a free bag of goodies and deals!
Have more questions?
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Ticket type
Building a resilient runner
Please wear clothes to do light exercise in, we'll do the rest! This event has limited numbers, so if you can no longer attend, please let us know ASAP.Price$0.00