Are you ready to get back into running after having a baby??
Whether you ran before or during pregnancy, or have never run before, we are here to help you safely return to (or learn to) run, with pelvic floor and core integrity!
Managing expectations: You may never run the same as you did before pregnancy.
Your skeleton has changed shape, your ligaments may be more lax, you have different hormones floating around your body. This is okay and totally normal! We will help you adapt your technique accordingly.
Our program follows 6 steps in your return to running journey:
1. ASSESSMENT: Have your pelvic floor & core assessed
2. RESTORATION: Progress through individualised pelvic floor & core restoration
3. STRENGTH: Advance to targeted strength training, building single leg and hip stability
4. TECHNIQUE: Assess running technique and adapt as necessary
5. RUN: obviously!! Following a safe return to running protocol
6. REVISIT: this is a cyclical process, be prepared to revisit all steps at some point
Managing exceptions: This may look and feel like a long process,
but if we do it right from the start, we will minimise the risk of set backs, and get you back to your prime fitness faster! You decide: is it more important to run far & fast asap, or to continue running consistently, without pain or pelvic floor disfunction?
How does the program work?
Return to Running Initial Assessment
Pelvic Floor & Core
Running Specific Strength