14 Week Training Program
The program has been specifically designed to give you enough time to train before your goal event. We have a trusted training program that works.
|2018 Half Marathons||SMH||Gold Coast||Hunter Valley||Mudgee||Dubbo||Blackmores Sydney||Melbourne||Central Coast|
Join our 2018 Half Marathon programs if:
- You have a half marathon on your bucket list
- You want to challenge yourself to the distance for the first time but you don't know how to train
- You need that extra edge to help you get a PB
What's included in the program?
- Complete 7 day, 14 week training program
- Up to 6 face-to-face sessions per week
- Train at any of the 5 locations or a combination
- Professional running coaches
- A unique running community
- Free running merchandise to train and compete in
- Weekly emails with training, nutrition and race tips
You can choose between the beginner program, which is for:
- Those who are you are newer to running,
- Those who are new to the half marathon distance
- Those returning from an injury or a break.
Or the Intermediate/advanced program, which is perfect for:
- Those who have run the distance before
- Those looking for a PB
Whats the commitment?
As a bare minimum, we recommend at least 3 sessions per week:
- Technique/Interval training
- Strength Training
- Long slow run
The 14 week program offers runners a variety of workouts to build both your running endurance, as well as a strong core and legs to get you to the finish line injury free. Those with more time, can train up to 6 times per week
There are 7 possible sessions each week. These include:
- Interval and technique training
- Cross training
- Tempo run
- Strength Training
- Long slow run
You are more then welcome to mix and match by attending any location.
- Willoughby: Willoughby Park, Mcllellend St Willoughby
- North Sydney: St Leonards Park, Ridge St North Sydney
- Lane Cove: Pottery Green Oval, Little St Lane Cove
- Pymble: Bannockburn Oval, Bannockburn rd, Pymble
- Ryde: Ryde Park, Argyle st, Ryde
Check out the timetable below for your prefered location.
Claire coaches at Lane Cove at Ryde, Willoughby and North Sydney as well as all locations when we come together for our Saturday long run. Claire established North Shore Running and Outdoor Fitness in 2013 and is excited to embark on her fifth year of running these programs!
Click here to find out more about Claire!
Jody coaches the Pymble and Willoughby contingents. Jody has hundreds of kilometres under her belt and loves making training fun but challenging.
Click here to find out more about Jody!
Train with Dave on a Tuesday night at North Sydney. Dave has over 10 years experience in the fitness industry and will guide you safely and effectively to your goal distance.
Click here to find out more about Dave!
How fit do I need to be?
You don't need any 'fitness'. This is why you are joining the program!! We progress you safely and efficiently to 21km based on your running experience. We have two programs - beginner (absolutely new or returning from a break or may have done a little running but stepping up to the distance for the first time), intermediate/advanced (have been consistently running and have done a half marathon before, looking for a PB). We are a recreational running group, meaning we love to train hard and work towards a goal but we don't take it too seriously and love to have some fun along the way.
How many people in the group?
Our weekday sessions are between 5 and 15 people. Keeping the groups small means that we can give our runners as much attention as they deserve. On the weekend as we all join together for our long run, we get up to 30 runners which means you will always find someone who runs at your pace and to have a chat to.
Do I have to attend the 3 recommended sessions?
No, however if you are newer to running, have a particular time goal, are carrying an injury or are prone to injury it is highly recommended to attend the strength and interval/technique classes. The long run is an absolute must for all runners, as this is where you get the most race practice both physically and mentally. If you can't attend all sessions face-to-face, have a chat to us about combining the online and face-to-face program.
Is race registration included?
No, but a running singlet is! You are responsible for registering for the race yourself, so keep an eye out for the early bird registration dates.